Potatoes, blue cheese and spinach frittata
Frittatas are so versatile. You can add whatever ingredients you like to the egg base (respecting low FODMAP quantities). Serve them hot or cold at any meals.
- If you don’t like the strong flavor of blue cheese, use another hard cheese
- If you’re ok with mannitol, go for only sweet potatoes (it’s even better!)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves and/or kale
- 100g blue cheese
- 8 eggs
- Handful fresh herbs of your choice: parsley, chive..
- Chili flakes
- Green salad to serve with
Cut the potatoes into cubes. Cook them in a pan with a little bit of water. Once they absorb water, let them on medium heat until golden brown. Add the spinach
Beat the egg and whisk lighlty with blue cheese (or other grated hard cheese), fresh herbs and chili if tolerated. Pour over the potatoes/spinach mix. Cook on low heat until firm.
Serve with a green salad and gluten-free bread.
As said below, frittatas are versatible. Choose ingredients according to the season. Enjoy capsicum, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and basil in summer. During winter go for broccoli head (65g/portion), carrots and pumpkin.
I like adding dried tomatoes (8g/portion*), canned artichoke heart (75/portion*) or mushrooms if you ok with mannitol.
How do you like yours?
*If fructose in excess isn’t ok